Community Life in Countryside
Sun Ahonlaita is a community and yoga/wellness center in the middle of beautiful Finnish countryside, near the city of Joensuu. Straight from our backyard you have access to forests and lakes. We organize courses and activities and regular yoga classes.
In Sun Ahonlaita there are around 10 people living and sharing life. Residents are interested in living together and sharing everyday activities with other people. Our residents are from different fields working either in Sun Ahonlaita or elsewhere and we also have students from Joensuu University of Eastern Finland. Shared rides to Joensuu can be organized and also busses go regularly just 200 metres away.
We have two residential buildings. In the main house there are yoga hall and big common livingroom and kitchen. Other apartments have their own kitchens and showers. Other shared facilities include wooden sauna and a hut / fireplace.
How to become a resident
Sun Ahonlaita welcomes different cultures and languages. If you are interested, please contact Janne +358 44 325 0483 or email info@. First you can come for a visit or stay for a weekend to get to know to the house and other residents.
Wishlist for residents:
- Take care of their personal space and also the tidiness of the common spaces
- Respect for other peoples private space
- Interest in communal life and taking good care of our beautiful place
For travellers we offer
- Yoga classes, retreats & workshops
- Holistic treatments including massage, reflexology and reiki
- Sauna and relaxation
- Other courses and activities, for example dancing or shamanic drumming
- Vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree food inspired by Finnish nature and flavored with spices all around the world
- Accommodation in shared rooms: one double room and a dormitory for 8 persons
- Accommodation in shared room – ask for prices
- Yoga class 10/12€ (student/normal)
- Reflexology & reiki 45€ for 1,5 hours, holistic massage 50€/1,5h
At Sun Ahonlaita you can get an wholesome experience of Finland and it’s culture, pure and healthy food and atmosphere also enjoying the silence. Whether you were a traveler or resident in North Carelia, this is a welcoming place to visit all year around.
Requests or any questions please contact Janne +358 44 325 0483 or email info@
Weekly yoga classes – Vinyasa Flow yoga and Yin yoga. Ask for classes +358 40 520 9238 / Satu or email jooga@
You can find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/sunahonlaita
How to get here:
- Joensuu 34 km (you can take a flighth for 1 hour or a train 4,5 hours from Helsinki)
- Viinijärvi 5 km (closest train station)
- By bus on the Kuopiontie road, bus stop 200 metres away
- We can pick you up from Joensuu / Viinijärvi and also there is some shared rides available from here to town. The journey from Joensuu takes 30 minutes.